Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rylee's First Haircut

I finally broke down and did it. I got Rylee's hair cut this afternoon. When I say I got her "hair" cut, all I'm actually referring to is her bangs. I didn't want to mess with the rest of her hair, but her bangs really did need to be trimmed. Rylee was born with a head full of hair, and it's been growing like crazy ever since. Her bangs had grown down past her nose, and I just got tired of having to brush them out of her eyes every few seconds. I can clip them away from her face with a bow, but she has now figured out how to pull the bow out of her hair and put it in her mouth, so she basically ruled that option out now. So anyway, I finally decided to just go ahead and get the "bangs cut" over with, even though I was pretty much crying about it inside (I really do not like how big she's getting and how fast time is flying by). I called Jordan's aunt Tavia, and Rylee and I (Jordan was at work) went over to visit with her and her family for a little while and let her do the "honors". It actually wasn't as "bad" as I thought it would be. I didn't cry (I was too busy trying to take pictures), and Rylee did pretty good sitting still in her car seat. It was all over with after just a couple minutes, and I think it turned out pretty cute. Below are the pictures I took of "the event". I forgot to take a "before" picture of her with her bangs all in her face, but the first picture is a picture of her that I just took yesterday. Although her bangs are brushed to the side in it, you can still tell how long they were.

April 8, 2011
Aunt Tavia doing the first snip of Rylee's first haircut
Rylee's bangs
right after the first snip of her first haircut
touching up her first haircut
Rylee's new "bangs cut"
I couldn't get her to stay still and look at the camera and smile.
wearing Aunt Tavia's hat

No comments: