Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, April 17, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 17

Day 17: A picture of my dream home

I don't have one particular "dream house", but there are a lot of different features of a house that I would like to be in/on my "dream house". The first characteristic of my "dream house" is that it would be cobblestone. For as long as I can remember, I have loved cobblestone houses. I think it comes from my admiration of Thomas Kinkade's artwork, much of which features beautiful cobblestone houses. The pictures below are some of his paintings. (I found SEVERAL more that I wanted to post, but I figured I'd leave it to these few.)

 
I also like houses with lots of windows, which allow natural sunlight to shine in during the day, and nice, fresh air to flow throughout. (I also really like the landscaping around the house in the picture below.)


One more feature I would like on my "dream house" is a nice, deep wrap-around porch (and I do mean wrap-around the ENTIRE house) that I could put rocking chairs and a hammock on.


There are several more features I could mention, but I don't want to get too carried away in this post. I went to Google to find the images above, and I found MANY more pictures of houses that are absolutely beautiful. If I posted all of them, this post would never end. However, I did want to post one more picture of a house that popped into my head almost immediately when I was ready to do this post. It's the house that was in the movie The Proposal, and I just love it. I "ooh" and "aah" over it every time I see it. This is it:


No comments: