Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 5

Day 5: A picture of the school I graduated from


Good ol' Holtville High School - ain't she a beauty? (I'm sure my old English teachers would be so proud of my use of the word "ain't" there.) I sure do miss that place. I entered Holtville High School in August 2004 to begin 9th grade, and I graduated on the football field on the evening of May 22, 2008 with an advanced diploma and a 4.1GPA. I worked HARD for that, overcoming a lot of health issues that caused me to miss countless days of classes, particularly during my junior and senior years. Nevertheless, I can honestly say I truly enjoyed my time at Holtville High School. It really was a second home to me during my time there. I was very involved in many of the academic clubs and extracurricular activities available at HHS (SGA, Beta Club, Spanish Club, First Priority, Junior Civitan, Yearbook Club... just to name a few), and although I never played any sports myself, I greatly enjoyed going to football games, softball games, soccer games, and basketball games to support my friends and show my school spirit. I'm so thankful for all of the teachers who invested their time and knowledge in my life during my four short years there, and I'm so blessed to have made many wonderful friends whom I still keep in touch with today. I am proud to be a Holtville High School alumnus.

Holtville High School Alma Mater

We will sing for Holtville High School
Wherever we may be.
May those happy days be cherished
In our fondest memories.
Where those green and white are flowing,
Flowing for our loyalty,
We will sing for Holtville High School,
And our pride she'll ever be.

No comments: