Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 14

Day 14: A picture of me and someone I miss

my brother, me, and our grandma and grandpa Parker (March 2004)
I can honestly say that God blessed me with THE BEST grandparents in the world. My grandma and grandpa Parker were two of the most loving, Godly people I knew, and I'm so thankful for the years I got to spend on this earth with each of them. My grandpa passed away in October 2006, and my grandma passed away in August of last year (mentioned in one of my previous posts). I miss both of them SO MUCH every day. I wish they were still here to see my precious family. My grandma got to meet Jordan once or twice, but my grandpa never did, and I know he would've absolutely loved him. Rylee was born two months before my grandma passed away, but unfortunately she never got to see her. She did, however, get to see some pictures of her, which makes me so happy. Although her health was rapidly declining at the time, she knew that the baby in the pictures she was seeing was "Emily's baby". Her first great-grandchild. I can't wait to reunite with both of them in Heaven someday. What a wonderful homecoming that will be!
(Please excuse how rough I look in the picture above. It was the only picture I could find on my computer of me with both of them. I was 14 years old at the time, and acne was still overtaking my face. Yuck.)

No comments: