Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 23, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 23

Day 23: A picture of something I'm afraid of


In light of the recent severe weather and tornadoes that passed through our area last week, I was quickly reminded of one of my fears. I do not like bad weather. Now, overall, I'm actually not as worrisome about it as I was when I was younger. I can handle thunder and lightning and even some strong winds, as long as I know there's no real threat for a tornado. When a tornado warning pops up on the TV, though, I start to get a little nervous. What makes it worse for me is the fact that we live in a mobile home. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm very thankful for the home the Lord has provided for my family and me. But when it comes to severe weather, I don't feel safe in our home, and that bothers me. I don't want to feel like I always have to run to my parents house to seek shelter, but at the same time, I'm certainly not going to stay home and risk being picked up by a tornado and blown three miles through the air somewhere. Personally, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me. This topic is something Jordan and I always pick on each other about, because he figures we should just stay home and ride it out, and if it's "our time to go", so be it. I, on the other hand, feel like we should seek more reliable shelter and at least give ourselves a fighting chance of survival. I mean, when it is my time to go home to Glory and meet my Heavenly Father, I'll be more than ready. When I get up there, I know it's not going to matter to me how old I was when I died, or how it happened. But my silly, selfish human flesh doesn't particularly want it to be because I tried to beat a tornado in a trailer. So anyway, there you have it - one of my biggest fears is severe weather/tornadoes.

No comments: