Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, April 4, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 4

Day 4: A picture of me and my best friend(s)
 
Kasey, April, my mom, Candace, me, KD, and Kayla
photo taken by April Glover in February 2009 for our engagement announcement in the local newspaper
I decided to post two pictures for this particular day (something I'll be doing for several of the other days as well). I wanted to be sure I included my best friends from the past (all of whom I still keep in touch with), as well as my more "recent" and now very best friend.
The first picture is a picture of me, my mom, and my best girl friends, taken during our senior year of high school. I could say a lot about those girls, but I'll keep it pretty simple and just say that I love them. They are all such beautiful girls, inside and out, and I am so thankful for the friendships I developed with each of them over the years. They have seen me through a lot of ups and downs. They were always there to brighten my spirits and make me laugh when I felt like crying. And when I really did need to cry, they were there with shoulders ready. We have had a lot of fun, crazy times together. They are all amazing, and I am so grateful to have each of them in my life.
I wanted to be sure to pick a picture that my mom was in as well, because she is, and has always been, one of my very best friends. I can honestly say I have THE BEST mom in the world. No argument. I have always loved and appreciated her, but becoming a mother myself has given me a whole new admiration and respect for her. Anytime something comes up with Rylee, I automatically pick up the phone to call my mom. I know she'll always be there to reassure and encourage me. I honestly don't know what I would do or who I would be without her. I am the woman I am today because of her. I am the mother I am today by her example.
The second picture is one of my favorite pictures of me and my very best friend, now, and for the rest of my life - my husband. I can't imagine a more perfect partner in life. No one has ever made me feel the way he makes me feel. He has comforted me and cared for me through thick and thin. He has been there to carry me when I literally could not walk on my own. He has seen me at my very worst, and yet his love and devotion to me has never wavered for a second. I have laughed with him, cried with him, prayed with him, and grown with him. I love him more and more every day, and I am so blessed to call him my husband and friend. My BEST friend.

No comments: