Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, April 29, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 29

Day 29: A picture of my pet(s) or a pet I would like to have

Ragdoll Siamese kitten
Golden Retriever
I have always loved cats and dogs, as I have grown up with several of each all my life. Jordan and I currently don't have any pets, but I am really starting to get the "fever" to adopt a pet into our family. My two "dream pets" are a Ragdoll Siamese cat and a Golden Retriever. My family used to have a Ragdoll Siamese cat named Kobe when my little sister, Amanda, was just a baby/toddler. He was a beautiful cat, and he was so mild-tempered. Amanda used to drag him all over the house, and he just dealt with it... he never scratched her or bit her. He was a great family pet. Also, when I was younger (in my early teens), I had a Golden Retriever mix named Lola. She was such a sweet dog, and unfortunately she was hit by a car and had to be put to sleep. I know it will be best if Jordan and I wait awhile yet before we get a dog, because they require a lot of attention, but I'm really trying to convince Jordan to let me get a kitten soon. Cats are so much more low maintenance and self-sufficient than dogs are, and they're great company and have been proven to be relaxing for the soul. I really want Rylee (and our future children if/when they come along) to be able to grow up with a good family pet. Hopefully maybe we can get one soon.

No comments: