Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: A picture of me and someone I grew up with
 
Seth, Amanda, and me in March 2006
I was blessed to grow up with my younger brother, Seth, and my little sister, Amanda. I'm thankful to have always had good, healthy relationships with both of them. 
Seth and I are only 19 1/2 months apart (I was born in February 1990; he was born in October 1991), and we have always been pretty close. Although, like all siblings, we've had our moments of disagreements over the years, we have never gotten in any huge fights or said any truly hurtful things to each other (example: "I hate you!"), and I'm very thankful for that. I always tried my best, even as a child, to never say anything to him that I might later regret, and I believe he did the same to me. It feels like just yesterday we were both little kids and I was forcing him to play Barbies with me. I can't believe he will be 20 years old in October. Although I'm only his sister, I've always had a very motherly instinct to me, and I get emotional sometimes thinking about him being all grown up now.
My sister, Amanda, and I have always had a close relationship as well. I was 11 years old when she was born in May 2011, so from day one, I was changing her diapers, feeding her bottles, and helping my mom with whatever else she needed. I can't believe she'll be 10 years old next month... she has really grown fast. In fact, the striped shirt I'm wearing in the picture above... now belongs to Amanda. It fits her. That's just not right... where did my "baby" sister go?

No comments: