Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 12

Day 12: A picture of one of my favorite foods
the first dish of "Chicken Stuff" I made as a newlywed
I'm one of those people who has many different "favorite" foods. I can't choose one specific favorite dish - it just depends what mood I'm in each day. So, for this post, I just picked the first food that popped in my head, and I knew I already had a picture of it from my "First Year of Marriage" photo album. One of both my and Jordan's favorite foods that I make is chicken casserole (technically it's poppy seed chicken, but without the poppy seeds (because I don't have any). We lovingly refer to it as "Chicken Stuff". Jordan is always begging me to make it (in fact, I just made it for dinner last night), and I'm usually happy to oblige, because it sure is yummy. The more I make it, the faster and easier it gets. Here's the recipe I use:


"Chicken Stuff"

Ingredients:
- 4 to 6 (depending on the size) cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 8oz. sour cream OR 1 10oz. tub Original Flavor Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme (I prefer to use the Cooking Creme when I have it.)
- 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 sticks butter

Preparation Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut cooked chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. 
- Mix both cans of cream of chicken soup with sour cream OR Kraft Cooking Creme.
- Add cut-up chicken to mixture and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Melt sticks of butter.
- Stir crushed crackers into melted butter and spread over chicken mixture in dish to make the crust topping.
- Sprinkle cracker topping with paprika and parsley.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes, until bubbling.

1 comment:

The Outspokenly Open-Minded Wife:) said...

OMG! that is mine and Zacs fav dish as well, and I never have the poppy seeds!