Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Today, I decided to try another new recipe for lunch. A couple weeks ago, I was introduced to the Pioneer Woman's website, and let's just say I've become a bit obsessed. She has SO MANY yummy-looking recipes in the cooking section of her site that I can't wait to make over time. I've already made her "Chicken Spaghetti" recipe (I actually found it on a different blog I follow, but the author made sure to reference that she got it from the Pioneer Woman's site), and today, I decided to try my hand at her recipe for a dish called "Sour Cream Noodle Bake". It was very easy to throw together, and it turned out really yummy. I did exclude two of the ingredients (pepper and green onions... y'all know I don't like that stuff), so if you want to see what the original recipe calls for, make sure you check it out on her site.
Here's the recipe for how I made it, though:


Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 15oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8oz. (weight) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preparation Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add 15oz. can of tomato sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir until mixed well, then let simmer while preparing other ingredients.
- Cook egg noodles in large pot of boiling water until "al dente" (firm, but not hard). Drain water and set cooked noodles aside.
- Mix sour cream and cottage cheese together in a large bowl. Add noodles and mix well until noodles are completely covered with sour cream/cottage cheese combination. Then add meat, and mix it all together well.
- Place mixture in a 13x9 baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.


I actually remembered to take a picture (well, two, actually) of the finished product, straight out of the oven. Looks yummy, doesn't it?

No comments: