Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

I found another recipe on one of the blogs I follow, and I decided to whip it up for lunch today to try it out. It's called "Chicken Spaghetti", and I found it here. The recipe calls for, among other ingredients, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, green peppers, onions, pimentos, and cayenne pepper, but as I've mentioned before, Jordan and I don't care for mushrooms, so I replaced the cream of mushroom soup with cream of chicken soup, and I left out the rest of the other stuff I mentioned. I am not a fan of peppers, onions, etc. either, and especially right now, they don't sit well on my pregnant tummy. I guess Ryan doesn't like them either. So anyway, if you do like those things, make sure you check out the original recipe (you can follow the link I provided above). I'm sure they definitely give it a different taste/more flavor than they way mine turned out, but it still tasted pretty good the way I made it. I guess you could say I just made a very "conservative" version of it. Here's the way I made it:


Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I pulled chicken off of a fresh-cooked rotisserie chicken from Walmart. Yum!)
- 3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces (I broke the noodles in half, and then broke each half in half. I used one whole 13.25oz. box of Mueller's Whole Wheat Angel Hair pasta, and it was exactly enough.)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (hold out 1 cup for the topping)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Preparation Instructions:
- Cook spaghetti noodles.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl (remember to hold out one cup of cheese for the topping).
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain and add to mixed ingredients in bowl; mix well to completely cover noodles with mixture.
- Place mixture in a 13x9 casserole dish and top with remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. (You may need to cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent cheese on top from burning.)

1 comment:

Abigail said...

that sounds great! i need to try it.