Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, September 19, 2011

24 Weeks

Yesterday, I entered my 24th week of pregnancy with Ryan. We're 16 weeks away from the big day now. I just can't wait to meet him. I'm so anxious to see who he looks like. (I'm praying he has lots of dark hair like Rylee does.) It's almost like there's a big present with my name on it under a Christmas tree, and I have to stare at it for 9 months until I can FINALLY open it and see what's inside. I'd say that's a pretty good analogy too, considering he's due exactly two weeks after Christmas. He will definitely be the best (late) Christmas present ever.
Anyway, my pregnancy is still going very well, overall. I'm feeling good (most days), and I can definitely tell Ryan is growing and getting more active every day. His kicks are getting stronger, making my stomach jump a lot, and I've noticed he apparently likes to push on my right pelvic bone from time to time (in fact, I'm feeling a little pressure there as I type this).
I think I weigh about 115 pounds now, but I feel and look like I weigh a WHOLE lot more than that. My stomach is getting BIG. Everyone told me I would grow faster with the second (and so on) pregnancy, because my body has "been there, done that" before, but I really didn't expect it to be to this extreme. I was looking through the belly pictures I took when I was pregnant with Rylee, and I am already as big - if not bigger - than I was when I was 28 weeks pregnant with her. That's four weeks difference, people. I don't know how on earth I'm going to make it to January.
Here's my growing baby belly at 24 weeks:
Yes, that is my belly button sticking WAY out there. It's been like that for quite a while now, but I think this is the first belly picture that you can really see it in. It did the same thing when I was pregnant with Rylee. I actually kinda like it... I think it's kinda cute. Jordan's not really crazy about it, though... he said it looks weird. Oh well.
Anyway, I guess that's about all I have for this pregnancy post. Until next week...

No comments: