Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kellie!

Today is the birthday of a very special fellow blogger named Kellie. (I have posted about her before here and here.) I don't personally know Kellie, but I came across her blog, "Another Day Stronger", several months ago, and I have been checking in on her every day since.
Back in February, Kellie and her husband, James, tragically and unexpectedly lost their precious 4-month-old baby girl, Maddie, to SIDS. As I mentioned, I don't personally know them, but I cannot explain in words how overwhelmingly heartbroken I was (and still am) for them. When I first read their story, I literally sobbed for probably an hour. As a mommy of a little girl myself, I simply cannot imagine the loss they have endured. However, they are both strong people who are striving, even in the midst of their heartache, to move forward each day in memory of their beautiful "Maddiebug".
Today, Kellie had one simple request of her blogger friends for her birthday: to post a blog about Maddie and share her sweet picture with everyone. So, Kellie, here you go. It's the very least I can do, and I wish I could do so much more.
Kellie, I want you to know that I think of you and your family every single day, and I pray for you often. Your story has touched my life in a profound way, and I will always keep Maddie's memory alive in my heart. Because of her, I have learned to truly cherish every single second with my precious babies, and to never take them for granted. I am a better mother because you were brave enough to share your story with me. Thank you for that. I pray God gives you peace and comfort today and reminds you how very loved you are by SO many people. Have a blessed birthday!

1 comment:

Kellie Staats said...

Thank you so much for posting about our Maddie. <3