Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, September 11, 2011

23 Weeks

Today, I am 23 weeks pregnant with Ryan. Another week down. Another week closer. 17 weeks to go. Yay!
Everything still seems to be going very well so far, thankfully. I am feeling great overall, and Ryan definitely seems to be getting bigger and stronger every day, which is good, of course.
I almost completely forgot to have Jordan take a belly picture of me tonight, but thankfully, I remembered. To be honest, I think if it weren't for my ever-growing belly and Ryan's occasional kicks/movements, I would completely forget that I'm pregnant. That may sound silly, but I feel like I just don't think about it much (being pregnant, that is). I guess I just stay so busy trying to keep up with Rylee and things around the house, and we've had a lot going on recently between visiting with family and friends, church activities, and football season starting (ROLL TIDE!). I guess I just really don't have much time to think about it. That's not to say that I'm not excited (because I totally am), and I LOVE it when he starts to move around or kick me, because then I'm like "Oh yeah! There's a baby in there!" I like when he reminds me that he's there.
Anyway, I once again can't really think of any other updates or anything regarding the pregnancy to mention, so I guess I'll just go ahead and post my belly picture. Please don't point and stare and laugh at it for too long... I know I'm getting big fast. Here it is:

On a totally separate, unrelated note, today is the 10-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on our nation. To be honest, I haven't watched one second of ANY of the "in remembrance" coverage of it on TV - partly because this weekend was pretty busy for us between watching football and visiting with friends, and partly because I'm a hormonal pregnant girl right now, and I really don't feel like crying my eyes out all day. That's not to say, though, that I haven't thought about this anniversary a lot, and that I haven't had the loved ones of all those who were lost that day on my mind today. My heart breaks for them, because I simply cannot imagine the loss they experienced that day, and still deal with today, ten years later.
I was in the gym for my P.E. period at Holtville Middle School when I first realized something terrible had happened. I remember seeing teachers running down the hallway crying. When I got back to my classroom, my teacher had the TV on, and we spent the rest of the school day watching the news. School work was the last thing on anyone's mind at that point. I was only 11 years old at the time, but I will never forget that day.
Until that day, I had never heard of the "World Trade Center". I had never seen the towers before. But I will never forget staring at the TV screen and watching the footage of each plane hitting each tower. I will NEVER forget seeing "things" falling from the towers as they burned, and later realizing it was people jumping to their deaths. I will never forget watching as each tower literally crumbled to the ground. I will never forget the expressions on the people's faces who experienced this tragedy in person. I remember thinking it had to be a movie. That kind of stuff just didn't happen in "real life". But it was real. It did happen. And I will never forget.

No comments: