Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ultrasound Says: IT'S A...!!!

After I finished my blog post last night, I went to bed and TRIED to go to sleep. I'm not sure how long I laid there before I did finally doze off, but once I did, I dreamed that, instead of finding out what we were having today, I gave birth to twins. A boy AND a girl. It didn't hurt at all, either. And right after I had them, Jordan took both of them and left the hospital to show everyone. Yeah. It was pretty silly.
Anyway, I woke up this morning feeling more excited than I have in quite a while. My stomach was a ball of nerves. I'm glad my appointment was at 11:30 this morning, because if it had been any later than that, I think I would've gone insane.
Jordan, Rylee, and I got to my ultrasound appointment 15 minutes early. We didn't want to risk getting caught in traffic, and I don't think I could've waited around the house another minute. My mom met us at the office. We went inside and I signed in, and thankfully, the ultrasound technician called me back within 5 minutes of arriving, even though I was a bit early. I stopped in the bathroom real quick to relieve myself, and then I quickly made my way down the hall to the ultrasound room. Jordan, my mom, Rylee, and the ultrasound tech were already in there getting ready. I climbed onto the cushioned table thing (seriously, what are those things called? They're not tables, and they're not beds, and they're not chairs... I don't know what they are) and pulled my shirt up so the tech could put the gel stuff on my belly and get the "party" started.
I kept taking deep breaths, and she kept asking me if I was okay. I told her that I was just nervous. I told her about the families I mentioned in my post last night, so she made sure she was very thorough in her examination (as I'm sure she always is). She had to check all of the baby's organs and stuff first to make sure all looked good before she got to the "fun part" of seeing if the baby was a boy or a girl. It felt almost like time was frozen. I started tearing up. I just laid there waiting for the tech to tell me something didn't look right, but she knew how worked up I was, so she talked me through everything she was doing and was quick to tell me that each area she checked looked good. With each area she checked off as okay, I breathed a little easier. The baby measured at 20 weeks and 4 days, weighing 13 ounces with a heart rate of 148 beats per minute.
Finally, it was time for the tech to see if the baby was a boy or a girl. When she was still doing the examination of all the other organs and stuff, I caught a couple of quick glimpses of the baby's private area, and I was pretty sure I knew what it was. I didn't want to get too excited about it until the tech confirmed it, in case I had seen something wrong, but deep down, I knew right then what it was, and it was all I could do not to jump right off that table thing. Sure enough, the tech got a good view between the baby's legs, and it was quite clear. We are having a BOY - Ryan Parker Price!
I am so thrilled I can hardly stand it! Now that I've "announced" it, I don't even really know what else to say. My mind feels like it is racing a million miles an hour, but there's really only one thought running through it. All I can think is "It's a BOY!" "I'm having a BOY!" "I'm going to have a son!" "Rylee is going to have a baby brother!" My heart is still bouncing around inside my chest. I am just so excited and humbled that God is giving me the opportunity to be Mommy to a little girl AND a little boy.
I can't wait to meet him. I can't wait to look into his eyes for the first time. I can't wait to hold him in my arms and kiss his sweet little cheeks and nose. I can't wait to feel his little fist wrap around my finger. I can't wait to see who he'll look like. I just can't wait. January, PLEASE get here fast!
We got a few pictures from the ultrasound today, but unfortunately, I won't be able to include them in this post, because I have to scan them into a computer first, and we don't have a scanner. I'll post them as soon as I possibly can, but for now, I at least wanted to share the exciting news.
IT'S A BOY!

No comments: