Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Missing Grandma

One year ago today, after almost 95 years of life on this earth, my grandma Parker joined my grandpa in Heaven and met Jesus face to face.
In some ways, I can't believe it's already been a year. Rylee was only 2 months and one day old when my grandma passed; unfortunately, she (my grandma) never had a chance to meet her first great-grandchild. (Thankfully, she did get to see a few pictures of her, though.)
I miss my grandma (and grandpa) so much. When I was pregnant with Rylee, I would always call Grandma after every doctor appointment I had to update her and let her know how my pregnancy was going. She would always tell me the same thing: "Make SURE you take your vitamins EVERY DAY." That was Grandma. You had to love her.
After I left my first doctor appointment with this pregnancy, I grabbed my cell phone and instinctively began to search for my grandma's number in my contacts to call her and let her know how my appointment went... but her number wasn't there. Somehow, I had momentarily forgotten that she is no longer here for me to call. That was pretty hard. I would give anything to hear her tell me - even just one more time - to take my vitamins.

Grandma, I miss you and Grandpa so much! You were truly the most amazing grandparents I could've ever had - God definitely blessed me! I'm so thankful to know that you guys are with Jesus, and I'll see you again soon. I love you!
Love, Your "Sweetie Pie"
P.S. I promise I'm taking my vitamins EVERY DAY.

No comments: