Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quick Partial Review of the Past Week/ 18 Weeks Prego Update

This past week was a pretty great week, for a few reasons.
First of all, Jordan had the week off of work from UPS, so Rylee and I got to spend some extra much-needed time with him, which was really nice. We miss him so much during the week when he's really busy working his two jobs. We're so blessed to have such a loving, hard-working husband/daddy providing for us, though. Anyway, we mainly hung out around the house, but we did get out and about a little as well.
On Wednesday (August 3rd), we decided to splurge a bit and go to lunch at Olive Garden (my request, of course). We had a coupon, so I didn't feel quite as guilty about spending the money to eat out. After our yummy lunch there, we went to Target to buy Rylee her first pair of tennis shoes. She's getting pretty good at walking now, so we wanted to get her a good pair of shoes to wear so she's not always walking around barefoot. We're also hoping that wearing the tennis shoes will keep her from walking on her tip-toes all the time. It's cute to watch, for sure, but we don't want her to be walking around on her tip-toes forever. Anyway, when we got into Target, I immediately headed for the women's clothes section of course (hey, just because I don't have any money to buy any clothes doesn't mean I can't LOOK at them...), so Jordan went ahead and took Rylee to the shoes section to start looking for a pair of shoes. I only looked around the clothes section for a minute or two, but by the time I got to Jordan and Rylee, he already had a pair of shoes on her feet, and she was sitting in the buggy seat swinging her feet back and forth, kicking the buggy with a too-cute two-teeth grin on her face. She liked the shoes, and they were a perfect fit. And they were adorable. I was quite proud of Jordan for picking them out. We let Rylee have her fun with them for a minute, and then we decided to take them off so we could head to the checkout line to buy them. As soon as Jordan started pulling the shoes off her feet, she started crying. It was pretty pitiful, but we assured her (whether she understood us or not) that we were getting the shoes for her so she could wear them again. Since then, she has worn the shoes a few times, and although she was a little hesitant/reluctant to walk in them at first, she is used to them now and is doing great walking in them. Here are a few pictures that I took on Thursday (August 4th) of Rylee wearing her new shoes:
happy girl!
I love those cute, chubby legs in those cute new shoes!
I know you can't see the shoes in this picture, but she is being silly, pretending to "talk" on my cell phone. She does this all the time.
silly girl!
Isn't she just too cute?! I can't get enough of her!
Anyway, later Wednesday afternoon, after we had gotten home from Target, I was a bit hungry, so I ate a leftover bread stick with some Alfredo sauce from Olive Garden. I'm guessing the baby must have really liked it, because shortly after that, I felt him/her kick! I was so excited. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I've been feeling some slight questionable possible movements for a few weeks now, but this was the first time I could say for sure that it was definitely the baby.
Then, on Friday, Jordan and I were lying in bed, getting ready to go to sleep, and suddenly, I felt the baby kick. I looked at my stomach, and when he/she kicked again, I could see my stomach poke out real quick. I grabbed Jordan's hand and put it on my stomach, and after a few seconds, he felt the baby kick! Not just once, but a few times. I was so happy. When I was pregnant with Rylee, he didn't get to feel her kick until I was 20 or 21 weeks, so I was surprised that he could/would be able to feel this baby when I wasn't even quite 18 weeks yet. I guess since this is my second pregnancy, and I know more of what to expect and how it feels, I noticed the movement/kicks a lot sooner, and therefore, Jordan had the opportunity to feel it sooner as well. It's just exciting to me, because it makes the pregnancy feel even more "real" to me. There REALLY IS something growing in there. Anyway, I laid in bed for a while, savoring every little kick, and after a few minutes, I think the baby got the hiccups, because I'm pretty sure I could feel them as well (Rylee used to get them ALL the time when I was pregnant with her, so I remember the difference in the feel/consistency of the movement between a hiccup and an actual kick). Anyway, definitely an exciting new "development" in the pregnancy. I am SO happy I can feel the baby now. It is the most amazing part of being pregnant to me.
Having said all of that, I reckon I'll do my weekly pregnancy update now, although that was the majority of it right there. Anyway, today, I am 18 weeks pregnant, meaning I am now in the 5th month of my pregnancy. I can't believe I'm almost halfway to the finish line already. And in two weeks from tomorrow (only 15 more days... but hey, who's counting?), we find out if "Baby R" is a boy or a girl. Have I mentioned I can NOT wait?! Not only am I excited to find out what we're having, but I'm also just looking forward to "seeing" my baby again. I'm praying everything will look good and healthy. Anyway, that's about all I can think of for now, so I'll go ahead and wrap this post up with my weekly belly picture. Here are me and Baby at 18 weeks:

No comments: