Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today I Took Some Pictures

The past couple of weeks, we have experienced some absolutely beautiful weather. Perfect weather, in my book. A couple of days have made exceptions (like yesterday, for example, when we had thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches), but for the most part, we have seen clear, sunny skies, and temperatures have been in the mid-to-upper 70's with a nice, light breeze. Heaven.
Today was another such day. I opened the windows in the living room, dining room, and kitchen so the breeze could flow through the house. Then I grabbed my camera and Rylee and went outside for a few minutes to take some pictures. Now that spring is beginning to show its glorious face, the trees in our yard are blooming and getting their leaves back, and they are absolutely beautiful. I also figured it was about time I took a couple pictures of our house, since we have lived here for five months as of today, and I still have yet to post any like I said I would. (Hey... at least you know I haven't forgotten. I just haven't gotten around to it until now...) Anyway, first I went out to our backyard to take a couple of pictures of our Weeping Willow tree. I absolutely LOVE Weeping Willow trees. When I was little, one of my favorite movies was Disney's Pocahontas, and I loved the "Grandmother Willow" character in it (I even used to have a "Grandmother Willow" toy that I got from a McDonalds Happy Meal). So anyway, I've always been fond of Willow trees, and the first time we came to look at this house and I saw the big Willow tree in the backyard, I knew this was going to be our home. Here we are, five months later.
After I took a couple pictures in the backyard, I headed to the front yard to take a few pictures of the front of the house, and of the big tree in front of the master bedroom side of the house. I'm not sure what kind of tree it is, but it is in full bloom with small white flowers right now, and it is SO PRETTY. The downside to this, however, is that there are big bumblebees flying all around the tree now, and the flowers on the tree STINK, which surprised me when I finally realized that they were the bad scent I was smelling. I guess I always assumed that flowers are supposed to have a pleasant aroma. Well... not these flowers. (Just now, I decided to get on Google to see if I could find out what kind of tree it is, and it turns out it's a Bradford Pear tree. Sure enough, one of the main bits of information I found was that the flowers have a terrible odor to them. Yep. This I know. I also read that these trees are notorious for having limbs which split away from the main trunk. Because of their fast growth and tight branching pattern, they split very frequently in high winds. Great. I pray that doesn't happen to the trees (we actually have two of them) in our front yard, because they are right up next to the house, and would most likely land on the house or one of our vehicles if they ever did fall.) ANYWAY, I took a few pictures of the trees and the front of our home, and then I went back inside with Rylee and sat her on the living room floor and took some pictures of her while she blew spit bubbles and "raspberries" and clapped and sucked on her fingers and played with her toes and yawned and just looked all-around cute. She's good at that.
Below are some of the pictures I took today.
P.S. I can't believe it's already March.
Another P.S. I can't believe Rylee will be nine months old in two weeks.

the Willow tree in our backyard
another angle/view of the Willow tree in our backyard
the large Bradford Pear tree in our front yard
the right half of our home
the left half of our home (part of which is hidden by the tree)
the big, beautiful (stinky) Bradford Pear tree in our front yard
side/angled view of our home and front yard
Bradford Pear tree
close-up of the large Bradford Pear tree in our front yard


yummy fingers




yawn
clapping and blowing "raspberries"
playing with those precious little feet

checking out what's going on outside
another yawn

more clapping
weird face
Am I the only one who sees the attitude in her eyes and in the way she has her lips pursed like that?

No comments: