Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 17, 2011

In Honor of Maddie

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I have been following the blog of a young woman, Kellie Staats, who tragically lost her beautiful baby girl, Maddie, to SIDS exactly one month ago today. I have never met Kellie (and most likely never will, considering she lives in another state), but I can't even begin to explain how much her story has impacted my life. I'm sure anyone who hears of what she's been through would be touched, but being a mom of a baby girl myself, her story touches me on a whole different level. I didn't really know it was possible to feel so much heartache for people I don't even know, but I'll tell you what - I have shed many tears for this family. Every day, I check Kellie's blog to see how she and her husband are doing. Today, she posted a blog asking those who would to honor Maddie by taking our little ones to the park, and to love on them, and take lots of pictures. Well, I didn't have time to take Rylee to the park today, but I did spend the day with her (as I am blessed to do every day, being a stay-at-home mom) and I took lots of pictures, just like Kellie asked.
That is just one of the many valuable lessons I have learned from Kellie and Maddie - you can NEVER take enough pictures. And even if some of the pictures don't turn out the way you wanted, that is okay. You never know when it might be the last picture you get to take. They also taught me just how important it is to really savor my time with Rylee. I have always loved my little girl with everything in me, but since learning of Kellie's story, I appreciate having Rylee in my life in a whole new way. I no longer complain inside if she's fussy all day, or wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. I treasure every second I get to hold her and kiss her and love on her. She is such a blessing, and I thank God every day for allowing me to be her mommy.
So today, I spent the day loving on my little girl. In honor of Maddie Staats. A beautiful baby girl I never knew, but who has touched my heart and impacted my life forever.

getting ready to go to Walmart with Mommy. Doesn't she look thrilled?
at Walmart with Mommy. her first time sitting in the buggy seat like a big girl!
playing in her walker while Mommy puts away groceries
funny face
first time sitting in our backyard



she kept flapping her arms up and down
smiling at Daddy


This picture made us think of the talking dog in the movie UP that suddenly gets distracted by a "SQUIRREL!".

smiling at Daddy again





still smiling at her daddy

she wanted the camera
Daddy took this one
Daddy took this one too. She smiled her biggest for him.

No comments: