Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Roseola and the 30 Day Photo Challenge

My poor baby apparently has roseola. On Sunday, I noticed her forehead and neck felt really warm to me, and when I checked her temperature, she was running a fever of over 102 degrees Fahrenheit. She had a fever all day Sunday and all day Monday, but was otherwise acting pretty normal. On Tuesday, her fever was gone. But then when I got her up yesterday morning, I noticed that she had a pink rash on her face, neck, chest, and back. I checked her temperature to make sure she wasn't running a fever again (she didn't feel hot to me, but I wanted to check to be sure), but it was normal. I called the answering service number for her pediatrician, and Dr. Trumbull called me back. I told him how she had been running a fever, and I described the rash and her symptoms (or I guess I should say lack of symptoms, since she was still acting pretty normal), and he said it sounds like she has roseola. I had never heard of it before, but I looked it up on Google, and that's certainly what it sounds like to me. Overall, she's doing pretty good. She hasn't had any fever since Tuesday, but she has been a bit on the fussy side. I'm just thankful it's nothing more serious. Rylee has never been sick before (we've been very blessed with her health thus far), so I was kinda nervous when she first started running the fever, and even more-so when I saw her poor little face covered in a rash. Hopefully the rash will clear up soon (I read that it can last anywhere from just a few hours to several days), because she's supposed to get her 9-month pictures taken next week. Below are a few pictures that I took of Rylee today. It's kinda hard to see the rash in the pictures, but if you look closely, you can see it on her face and neck. She's still the most beautiful little girl you've ever seen, though, huh?

not very happy



In other news, I have finally decided to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else and do the "30 Day Photo Challenge" that has taken over Facebook. However, I'm not going to do it on Facebook; I'm going to do the challenge here on my blog, beginning tomorrow. Sometimes I get "blogger's block" and have a hard time thinking of things to write about, so I figured this would be something fun to do, and it will give me a guaranteed something to blog about every day for the entire month of April. Here are the daily photo challenges:

Day 1: A picture of me as a baby
Day 2: A picture of my very first home
Day 3: A picture of me and someone I grew up with
Day 4: A picture of me and my best friend(s)
Day 5: A picture of the school I graduated from
Day 6: A picture of someone I find attractive
Day 7: A picture from one of the best nights of my life
Day 8: A picture of me and the person I've been the closest with for the longest
Day 9: A picture that can always make me smile
Day 10: A picture of me and my family
Day 11: A picture from one of my favorite vacations
Day 12: A picture of one of my favorite foods
Day 13: A picture of myself from sometime last year
Day 14: A picture of me and someone I miss
Day 15: A picture of someone I can't imagine my life without
Day 16: A picture of my current home
Day 17: A picture of my dream home
Day 18: A picture of my vehicle(s)
Day 19: A picture of my dream vehicle
Day 20: A picture of one of my favorite books
Day 21: A picture of one of my favorite movies
Day 22: A picture of someone who can always make me laugh
Day 23: A picture of something I'm afraid of
Day 24: A picture of something I enjoy doing
Day 25: A picture of something I want to do before I die
Day 26: A picture of somewhere I'd love to travel to
Day 27: A picture of the cast from one of my favorite TV shows
Day 28: A picture of my favorite band
Day 29: A picture of my pet(s) or a pet I would like to have
Day 30: A picture of me taken within the past month

(Confession: I didn't like some of the daily challenges (for example: "A picture of a person I'd love to trade places with for a day." Well... I don't really want to trade places with anyone. I'm thankful for the life God blessed me with, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.), so I may or may not have made up my own daily challenges for a handful of them. Hey... this is supposed to be for fun. Who cares if I bend the rules just a bit?)

No comments: