Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Finally Met Jordan's Grandparents

Today, I FINALLY got to meet Jordan's maternal grandparents. They live in North Carolina, but are down visiting for a couple of days. I couldn't help but get teary-eyed when Jordan's grandfather held Rylee for the first time. It made me miss my grandpa Parker. I was his only granddaughter, so he and I had an extra-special bond. I was his "Sweetie Pie" - his "Lola" - and he always used to tell me I was his FAVORITE granddaughter (like he had anyone else to choose from). He was the BEST grandpa God could have possibly blessed me with, and I'm so thankful to have had him in my life for sixteen years. I miss him so much, and I hate that Jordan never got to meet him, and that he never got to see Rylee (although, Lord-willing, he'll get to meet them both someday in Heaven. Glory!). I just know he would "eat Rylee up" if he could see her. She's the first great-grandchild (much less first great-granddaughter) on that side of my family.
Anyway, below are a couple pictures I took today (Jordan's grandfather was asleep when I took these pictures... that's why he's not in any of them):

Jordan with his mom, grandmother, twin sister, nephews, and Rylee

4 generations
Rylee playing with her pawpaw (Jordan's dad)
Rylee playing with PawPaw's pen
Rylee with her pawpaw

No comments: