Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Crawler, a New Book, and a Thank You

Well... Rylee is crawling. Really crawling. For the longest time, she had been doing a type of army crawl and rolling all over the place, but she just would not take off on her hands and knees. Then, this past Sunday morning (the 20th), I was in the shower getting ready for church, and Jordan yelled in to me, "Babe, she is crawling! Get out here!" Like I said, I was a little busy, but I jumped out of the shower, grabbed my towel, and ran to the door just in time to see her crawling down the hallway toward Jordan. I couldn't believe it. I guess it finally just clicked for her. It's very exciting to see her developing and learning new things, but each milestone she hits is bittersweet for me. I just can't believe how big she is and how fast time is going by. I know I say that all the time, but it's just how I feel. My baby is quickly turning into a toddler, and I have a hard time with it sometimes.
Today, Rylee got her newest book from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library in the mail. I love Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. If you've never heard of it, it's a free program that you can register your children in if they are under the age of five. Every month, your child will receive one age-appropriate book in the mail, absolutely free. I registered Rylee in the program shortly after she was born, so she has already received seven books (she didn't get her first book until August 2010, because it takes a few weeks for your information to be processed; she also didn't receive a book in October 2010 because we moved and, once again, it takes a few weeks for your (change of) information to be processed). Here are the books she has gotten so far:
Rylee's very first book from the program; received in August 2010
Rylee's book from September 2010
Rylee's book from November 2010
Rylee's book from December 2010
Rylee's book from January 2011
Rylee's book from February 2011
the book Rylee got in the mail today for March 2011
In case you're wondering, no, you don't get to pick which books your child receives. I have never heard of any of these books before except the first one, but they have all turned out to be pretty cute/sweet books so far. And like I said, they're FREE - it doesn't get any better than that.
On a different note, I wanted to mention a quick "experience" I had earlier this afternoon. Rylee and I made our weekly Wednesday trip to Publix, and when I got to the dairy section, I noticed there was a U.S. solider shopping in front of me. I didn't know him, but I called out to him. He turned around, and I thanked him for his service. And he smiled. And he thanked me. And it was all I could do not to cry. The brave men and women in our armed forces make so many sacrifices to protect our freedom. It is so important to take the time to let our troops know they are appreciated. It really does mean a lot to them.

1 comment:

Nancy Hood said...

I'm not sure if you or Jordan know Daniel Land (he went through HES and HHS too). He is living with his wife and son overseas and will be deployed during the time she gives birth to their second son. My heart cries for the sacrifices these families make for us. Thank you for reaching out to him, sweet Emily. They need all the support we can give. And prayers!