Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Around 11 o'clock, Rylee and I were in the kitchen, and I was standing at the island making her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. I looked out one of the kitchen windows and saw a UPS truck backing into our driveway. I figured the driver was just backing up to turn around instead of having to drive all the way to the end of the road, but then he stopped and got out of the truck. I was confused, because as far as I knew, we weren't expecting any packages. I picked up Rylee and went to the front door and opened it just as Mr. Paul, our UPS delivery man (and fellow church member), was walking up the porch steps with a somewhat long box in his hand. He handed me the box with a smile on his face and said "Happy Valentine's Day". I thanked him, shut the door, and went back into the kitchen with the box. It was primarily green and said "ProFlowers" on it. I opened it, and inside was a large ruby red vase with 20 beautiful red, pink, and white tulips. Then I saw a little envelope that said "SOMEONE IS THINKING ABOUT YOU" on the front. Inside the envelope was a card that read as follows:

Happy Valentine's Day, Love. You are so gorgeous to me. I cannot see my life without you. I love you more and more everyday. When I think I cannot love you more, I look at those two beautiful children you blessed me with. I love you with many more years of love to grow on. I love you forever and so much MORE, Jordan

Wow. Needless to say, I was in tears. The flowers were sweet, but that card was the true gift to me, because I know that it's not just something he feels one day a year - it's how he feels about me all year round. I realize more and more every day how blessed I am to have a husband who truly loves me just the way I am. I am SO thankful the Lord chose me to be his wife and spend the rest of my life with him. I cannot imagine a more perfect partner for me or a more amazing father for my babies. We are truly blessed!

my beautiful Valentine's tulips from my sweet hubby
my beautiful Valentine's tulips from my sweet hubby
When Jordan got home from work, he also surprised me with this Willow Tree figurine to add to my collection!

No comments: