Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, February 27, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Pasta

Well, apparently my blog is becoming a recipe blog since I can't seem to find time to post about anything else lately. Anyway, I tried yet another new recipe from Pinterest for dinner last night. It's called Chicken Enchilada Pasta, and it tastes basically exactly like the Cheesy Enchilada Casserole I made a week or so ago, but in pasta form, and with chicken instead of ground beef. Go figure. It turned out yummy, which was no surprise to me since I'm a fan of enchilada dishes, and it was nice to try a Mexican-style pasta dish for a change, since most pastas I've had are Italian recipes. I'm sure I'll probably make it again someday down the road. (Although probably not anytime too soon, unfortunately, since I'm breastfeeding, and it seemed to upset Baby Ryan's tummy last night. But that's another post for another day...) Anyway, below is the recipe I used if you'd like to try it. The original recipe (I omitted some ingredients... y'all know how I am) is included in the link above.


Chicken Enchilada Pasta

Ingredients:
2 to 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1/2tbls. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2tsp. salt
2tsp. chili powder
1tsp. cumin
3 (10oz.) cans mild enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 cup (8oz.) sour cream
1 box penne pasta

Preparation/Cooking Instructions:
Boil pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot on stove. Add minced garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently so as not to burn.
Add cooked, chopped chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt, and enchilada sauce. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add shredded cheese, and stir until cheese is melted and heated through.
Add sour cream, but DO NOT bring to a boil. Cook on low heat, or sour cream will curdle. Stir until sour cream is mixed well and heated through.
Drain pasta, and add to chicken and sauce mixture; mix well.
Garnish with shredded cheese, tomatoes, a dollop of sour cream, etc. if desired.

No comments: