Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake

As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently joined Pinterest. I love it. Quite addicting, to say the least. Anyway, this past Thursday, I decided to try one of the countless recipes I found circling the website. It's called Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake, and given my love for Italian food - especially if it has anything to do with Alfredo sauce - I couldn't wait to whip it up. It was pretty quick and easy to make (just stir together a bunch of ingredients and bake), and it turned out really yummy. Definitely a dish I will make again. Here's the recipe:


Three Cheese Chicken Alfredo Bake

Ingredients:
1 (16oz.) package dry pasta (I used rotini.)
2 (10oz.) containers refrigerated Alfredo sauce (I used two 15-ounce jars.)
1 (8oz.) container sour cream
1 (15oz.) container ricotta cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped (I pulled from a Walmart traditional rotisserie chicken.)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used grated Parmesan Romano cheese.)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I used parsley flakes from a shaker. Didn't measure... just shook until it looked good...)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (I used a 6-cheese Italian blend.)

Preparation/Baking Instructions:
Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Stir together all ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

I'll be posting more recipes from Pinterest that we've tried when I have time.

No comments: