Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cheesy Enchilada Casserole

This past Saturday, I decided to try another recipe I found on Pinterest for dinner. This one is called Cheesy Enchilada Casserole, and since I love Mexican food, I was pretty excited about trying it. It was quick and easy to make, and it turned out really yummy (Jordan and I both agree, though, that it tasted even better as leftovers the next day). I will definitely be making this dish again. Here's the recipe:


Cheesy Enchilada Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef 
1 large onion, chopped, or season with onion powder or minced onion (I omitted this ingredient... y'all know I don't do onions!)
2 1/2 cups salsa (I'm not a fan of salsa, so I substituted two 10oz. cans of mild enchilada sauce.)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used a can of pinto beans.)
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
1 small can of corn, drained, or about 1 1/4 cups of frozen corn
3/4 cup sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (I omitted this ingredient. I don't know if I've ever even tried cilantro before...)

Preparation/Baking Instructions:
In a large pot, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the enchilada sauce, beans, Italian dressing, sour cream, corn, taco seasoning, and cumin.
Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Place a tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with some of the meat mixture and cheese. Repeat layers until you have used all of the tortillas and meat mixture.
The final layer should be a generous dose of grated cheese.
Cover with foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, and bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce and tomato.

No comments: