Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, February 3, 2012

Ryan's 4-Week Doctor Check-Up

Today, Ryan is one month old. I would usually probably say that I can't believe he's already a month old, but actually, I'm not sure if I really feel that way. I think with my lack of sleep, the days are just running together to me, and I don't have a very good sense of time right now, so I'm not sure how I feel about him being a month old already. I don't know if it feels like it has gone by quickly or not. In some ways, I think it actually feels like it has been longer than a month already. I've had a pretty rough time with this whole "mom thing" since he was born, so I think that actually sorta makes it feel like the days just drag on, because I'm always SO ready for Jordan to just hurry up and get home from work at the end of the day so he can help me before I lose my mind.
ANYWAY, though, yesterday, I took Ryan to the doctor for his 4-week "well" check-up. Overall, it went really well. He weighed 12 pounds, 3 ounces, putting him in the 97th percentile of weight growth among other babies his age, and he's 22 3/4 inches long, putting him in the 90th percentile of length growth among other babies his age. He's definitely a big boy (which we already knew... all you have to do is look at him to see that). The doctor did his usual examination of him and said that he looks great and is in perfect health. I did tell him my concerns about Ryan possibly having reflux, though (have I mentioned that on here yet?), and based on what I told him, he went ahead and prescribed him Zantac. I'm praying it will help him, because it breaks my heart when he's so fussy after I feed him. I can just tell he's in discomfort, and I feel like I can't do anything to help him.
Anyway, that was basically the extent of our doctor visit yesterday. I tried to take a picture of Ryan while we were waiting for the doctor to come in, but after I took it, I realized he had spit-up on his face, and I figured it wouldn't be too pleasant to post it. Here's a picture of Rylee waiting with us, though:
And here are some pictures of the kids that I've taken the past couple of days:
4 weeks old (Jan. 31, 2012)
4 weeks old (Jan. 31, 2012)
4 weeks old (Jan. 31, 2012)
4 weeks old (Jan. 31, 2012)
my 4-week-old "night owl" (Jan. 31, 2012)
my 4-week-old "night owl" (Jan. 31, 2012)
my 4-week-old "night owl" (Jan. 31, 2012)
my two babies (Ryan obviously wasn't too happy...) (Jan. 31, 2012)
my babies playing together (Jan. 31, 2012)
my babies playing together (Jan. 31, 2012)
Ryan playing on his floor gym (Jan. 31, 2012)
my two babies playing together (Ryan is smiling at one of the toys - so excited I caught it on camera!) (Jan. 31, 2012)
Ryan playing on his floor gym (Jan. 31, 2012)
Feb.1, 2012
siblings playing together (Feb. 1, 2012)
staring at his reflection in the mirror (Feb. 1, 2012)
staring at his reflection in the mirror (Feb. 1, 2012)
sweet Rylee (Feb. 1, 2012)
Ryan is "dino-mite" (Feb. 1, 2012)

No comments: