Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Dream of Baby... Sorta

Last night, I had my first dream about my pregnancy. In the first few weeks of this pregnancy, I had several very weird dreams that are common during pregnancy (I had plenty of them while I was pregnant with Rylee as well), but they were all very random and were not at all about me being pregnant. Last night, however, that finally changed. It's no big deal, of course, but it's kind of exciting to me in a silly way, because it makes the fact that I am pregnant feel a little more "real" to me.
In the dream, I was in labor. I'm not exactly sure where I was, but I know I was not at a hospital. As weird as it sounds (to me, anyway), I think I was at my granny Greene's old house in Florida. She hasn't lived there in years, so I'm not sure why on earth I dreamed I was there - especially while I was in labor - but I'm pretty sure that's where I was. Anyway, like I said, I was in labor, and I was lying in the middle of the living room floor. I know Jordan was there with me, and I'm pretty sure my mom was there as well. I think several other people (family members) showed up over time, but I can't remember who now. After a while, a doctor showed up, but I didn't recognize him. He kept telling me to push, but the baby just would not come out. I didn't even feel like I was in labor - I wasn't having contractions or feeling any pain, but yet it was time for the baby to be born. No matter how much or how hard I pushed, though, the baby wouldn't come out. Then... I woke up.
Whoop-dee-do, right? I felt almost a little frustrated when I woke up, because I wanted to see the baby. (I guess maybe the reason the baby wouldn't come out in the dream is because, in reality, it's nowhere near time for the baby to be born yet.) I wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. Obviously, I realize that just because I dream it's one or the other doesn't mean that's what it's actually going to be (when I was pregnant with Rylee, I had several dreams that she was a boy, even after we had already found out she was a girl).
Anywho, that was basically the extent of the dream. No big deal, I know, but I still wanted to blog about it to remember it. I'm sure I will have more dreams that will get more interesting and detailed as my pregnancy progresses.

No comments: