Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, July 11, 2011

14 Weeks

Yesterday, I entered the 14th week of my pregnancy. Hello, 2nd trimester! It is SO NICE to see you! I LOVED the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy with Rylee, so I am very excited and relieved to be here in this one. Over the last week or so, I have finally started to feel a little better. I do still get nauseous if I go too long without eating something, but I don't have to eat quite as often as I did, and when I do start to feel nauseous, it's not as severe overall as it was.
I'm starting to get some of my energy back, and I don't feel like I HAVE to take a nap every day, although most days, I do still like to take one, simply because I can. I have really grown to love taking naps.
I was a bit surprised to experience some "nesting" instincts with the return of my energy. (When I was pregnant with Rylee, I don't really remember the "nesting" ever hitting me until maybe the very end of my pregnancy, and even then, it wasn't very strong.) For weeks, I feel like I didn't get ANYTHING at all done around the house, because I just wasn't up to doing anything. I didn't feel well at all, and it was all I could do just to keep up with Rylee until it was time to put her down for a nap so I could try to rest for a bit until I had to get her up again. Now that I'm starting to feel better, there are so many things that I want and need to get done. So far, I have:
- sorted through and put away a huge storage bin full of hand-me-down clothes I received for Rylee (praise the Lord for hand-me-downs!).
- cleaned out and organized Rylee's closet.
- FINALLY washed the dirty sink dishes that had been piling up on the counters for WEEKS (gross, I know, but I'm telling you, I just couldn't bring myself to do them while I was feeling really sick, and Jordan has no time whatsoever, thanks to his crazy work schedule).
- done a few loads of laundry.
- swept and vacuumed some of the floors.
- and moved a rocking chair (the one I posted about on Saturday) into the living room so I can start rocking my babies.
I got a few other odds-and-ends things done as well, but those are the "major" things so far. I know that might not sound like much to some people, especially since all of that was spread over a couple of days, but it's a good start for me, and I have many more things on my mental to-do list that I can't wait to get done.
I am really REALLY starting to get anxious about finding out if this baby is a boy or another girl, and we still have 6 weeks to wait until we can find out. I think I am going to go crazy! I know I was excited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl when I was pregnant with Rylee, but I think this time around, I'm even more excited since we already have a girl now. I hope it's not bad of me to say this, but I SO BADLY want this baby to be a boy (and so does Jordan, and most everyone we talk to), and I think that's why I'm so anxious to find out. I just want to know so I can start getting used to it, either way. I want to know so I can stop calling "it" an "it". Is "it" a "he" or a "she"? Please don't get me wrong - if this baby is another girl, she will be just as loved and treasured as Rylee is. I'm just ready to know! Hopefully the six weeks will FLY by, and we'll be headed to the doctor for the ultrasound before we know it. In the mean time, I look forward to starting to enjoy this pregnancy more and more as I feel better and better. I cannot wait to start feeling this little miracle move! That is just the most incredible feeling in the world, and I'm so excited to get to experience it again soon.
Here is the belly picture Jordan took of me and Baby last night at 14 weeks exactly:

No comments: