Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Recap of the Past Week

This past week was a bit more laid back than the previous couple of weeks, thankfully. As I mentioned in my post on Monday, my daddy stayed with us for a few days for Rylee's birthday. We enjoyed visiting with him until Tuesday, when he went back home to Florida.
On Wednesday, I took Rylee to the pediatrician for her one-year check-up. I was a little nervous about it for a couple reasons: 1) she had to get two shots, and 2) her doctor wanted her "broken" from the bottle by a year old and... well... she's not. Anyway, we got to the doctor (I was watching my sister, so she went with us, and Jordan met us there straight from getting off work), and were called back to a room almost immediately. A nurse came in to ask us some general questions about Rylee's progress lately, and then he took her measurements. She is now 30 and 3/4 inches long, putting her in the 90th percentile of other babies her age (meaning she's taller than 9 out of 10 other babies her age!). She definitely got her daddy's height! Then we all went back out into the hallway to check her weight. She is just shy of 22 pounds, weighing in at 21lbs. 15oz. My girl is getting big! Then we went back to the room to wait for Dr. Trumbull to come in and see us. Here are a few pictures I snapped of Rylee while we were waiting (I could NOT get her to look at the camera and smile, but I still think these are pretty cute):



Dr. Trumbull came in after just a couple minutes, and we had a nice visit with him. As usual, he was very pleased with how Rylee is doing, and he was thrilled to hear that she's going to be a big sister. Thankfully, he didn't get on to us about her not being broken from her bottle yet; he simply gave us some encouraging advice as to what to do so she'll hopefully be converted to a sippy cup in a few weeks. (It's not that we haven't been working with her on it; she's just very picky about her sippy cup (I've bought her three different ones), and since I nursed her for 11 months, she didn't have a bottle OR a sippy cup much at all until a month ago.) Anyway, Dr. Trumbull finished chatting with us, and then the nurse came back in to give Rylee her shots. I think I dread shots for her more than I dread them for myself. I mean, she's my baby, and she's so innocent right now. She has no idea what's coming, so I feel like it's not fair to her, even though I know she needs the shots. I'm just thankful Jordan was there with us to help hold her down and comfort her after it was all over. She started screaming immediately after the nurse gave her the first shot, and she only got more furious after the second one. Jordan picked her up as soon as the nurse was done, and he had her calmed down after just a few minutes. Her feelings were definitely hurt, though. You should've seen the pitiful way she looked at that nurse. All in all, though, it was another good check-up for Rylee, and I'm so thankful to have a healthy, growing one-year-old. I know several people who have little ones with severe health problems, so I am more and more aware and thankful of how blessed we are that Rylee is as healthy as she is.
On Friday, Rylee and I went out on the town with my mom for a while. I needed to exchange some of the clothes Rylee got for her birthday that were too small/big, and we went shopping to get her some new clothes to replace them. We also may or may not have picked out a few outfits for the new baby... and ALL of said outfits may or may not be for a boy. No, we don't know yet if I'm having a boy. My mom REALLY thinks it's a boy, though, so she doesn't mind buying a thing or two here and there for "him" if it's just too adorable at too good of a price to pass up. I just hope we're not "jinxing" ourselves by doing so (because I'll admit, I picked out one or two of the outfits we got). We're holding on to the receipts, of course, so we can exchange the stuff if need be. Anyway, while we were out, we ate lunch at Marco's Pizza. If you've never tried their pizza before, you have NO IDEA what you're missing! It is SO YUMMY! We got their Chicken Fresco pizza, but made with ranch instead of the usual pizza sauce, and we nixed the onions. It was DELICIOUS, and we ate the entire thing right there in the restaurant. Anyway, Rylee and I really enjoyed spending the day with my mom. I hope we can do it again really soon.
Yesterday evening, Jordan, Rylee, and I went to my friend April's wedding. She was a beautiful bride, as I knew she would be. Here are a few pictures I took while there:
me and my best friend KD (she was one of the bridesmaids)
me and the bride
my handsome brother and me
my handsome brother and me
Today, I am 12 weeks pregnant (last week of my first trimester - YAY!). I will try to do a pregnancy update post later tonight or tomorrow... don't hold me to it, though.

No comments: