Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, Blue Bell, How I Love Thee!

June is one of my favorite months, for several reasons. My wedding anniversary is in June. My precious baby girl was born in June. My daddy's birthday is also in June. And... Blue Bell ice cream releases its Century Sundae flavor in June. That might sound like something pretty silly to get excited about, but I'm telling you... this ice cream is AMAZING. It consists of Blue Bell's homemade vanilla ice cream, swirled with caramel and chocolate sauces, a whipped topping and diced maraschino cherries. Oh yes. I know your mouth is watering. Unfortunately, Century Sundae is one of Blue Bell's "rotational" flavors, meaning it's only released for three months during the year, beginning in June. I think it's pretty cruel on Blue Bell's part to not offer this ice cream year-round, but it's definitely worth the wait. I can't tell you how many half gallon containers of this stuff I ate just in the first 14 days of June before I had Rylee last year. Or how many MORE I ate after she was born, before the flavor was retired for the year at the end of August.
This week, Publix has Blue Bell ice cream on sale, 2 for $9. I also had two $1-off coupons. However, when I got to Publix today, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY CENTURY SUNDAE!!! I was slightly disappointed, to say the least. Don't get me wrong - I love my Publix - but WHAT are they thinking not carrying Century Sundae?! Fear not, though. I quickly remembered that Walmart does price matching, so I simply swung by after I finished my shopping at Publix. Thankfully, Walmart's ice cream aisle was fully stocked, complete with plenty of Century Sundae. I grabbed two, made my way to the check-out line, and got them for the same sale price (with $2 extra off, thanks to my coupons) I would have had I bought them from Publix. (I actually ended up getting them a tad bit cheaper at Walmart, only because the sales tax is slightly lower in Millbrook than it is in Prattville.) I rarely go to Walmart anymore, but I sure am thankful for their price-matching policy in situations like this. So tonight, I enjoyed a bowl of Blue Bell Century Sundae ice cream for the first time in almost a year. And boy was it YUMMY!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love June too! And oh my gosh. That ice cream looks so YUMMY. What's your favorite flavor??

Have a great day!
xo Stephanie