Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, May 6, 2011

Exciting News!

My best friend, Candace, got engaged last night! Ahh, I am simply giddy about this, I tell you. Candace met her now-fiance, Drew, at the University of West Alabama, where they both are attending college (Drew will actually graduate TOMORROW, though). They have been dating for just over a year now, and a few days ago, Drew sent me a message on Facebook informing me that he had bought an engagement ring and that he would let me know when he decided to propose. I was so excited! Their university is located in Livingston (a few hours away from here), so I don't get to see Candace (or Drew) very often at all (major bummer!), but Drew has been nice enough to keep me "in the loop" about everything, which has really meant a lot to me. I have been watching Facebook extra closely the past few days, and last night, I got an email notification that Drew had sent me another message on Facebook. I couldn't log in fast enough. When I opened the message, there it was: "I hope you check this soon, because I'm planning on popping the question tonight at dinner, so please keep me in your prayers!!!" I think I literally squealed out loud. I looked at the clock, and it was already after 8. I stared at my phone, willing it to ring. I kept saying, "Surely they've eaten by now! Hurry up and get engaged! Ring, phone, RING!" I'm sure Jordan thought I had gone mental. Just when I thought I couldn't wait another second, my phone FINALLY rang. It was Candace. I answered it immediately and tried to sound cool and collected, simply saying, "Hello?" Candace said, "I'M ENGAGED!", and I think I started squealing and "Yay!-ing" all over again. (Hopefully I didn't bust her eardrum!) We talked for several minutes, and she told me how Drew proposed and what her ring looked like. I think I probably "Yay!-ed" and told her how excited I was for them about a million times, and I was literally running and jumping through my house. I know that sounds so silly and crazy, but I'm just that excited for them. They are both such wonderful, Godly people, and they make such an amazing couple. I'm just so excited to see what God does in their lives together. I know He will bless them tremendously. So yes... that is my exciting news. And it's not even my news. Candace told me to be prepared to be a bridesmaid, though, so there... THAT is my exciting news! My best friend is gettin' married, and I'm gonna be one of her bridesmaids!
Here is a picture of the sweet couple (I may or may not have stolen this off Drew's Facebook... I hope that's okay!):

No comments: