Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy (Early) Mother's Day To Me!

Yesterday afternoon, Jordan, Rylee, and I went out on the town for a bit. We went to lunch at the Fried Tomato Buffet in Montgomery, and then we walked around for a little while in a few shops. Afterward, we made our way to the Montgomery Humane Society. I've been talking to Jordan for a while now about getting a cat. I've grown up with cats all my life, and I think they make great companions. Sometimes, Jordan works really late, and I think it'd be nice to have a kitty to keep me company after I've put Rylee to bed for the night. Jordan agreed that we could go look in some shelters and see what we found. We got to the Montgomery shelter and entered the cat room, and as soon as I saw the cat in the cage directly across from the door, I fell in love. It looked so much like one of the cats my family used to have. I walked over to the cage, and the cat rubbed against the bars, willing me to pet it. I found out it was a female, about two years old, and already de-clawed in her front paws. She had been brought to the shelter because her former owners were in poor health. She has no history of biting, which was good to know since we have Rylee. She was so sweet and soft. I was sold. I asked Jordan about a million times if he was SURE he was okay with getting her, and he agreed that if she was the one I really liked and wanted, she was the one we should get. We filled out the adoption forms, and it was official. We now have a new member of our family. I'm so happy. The name she came with is "Tinkerbell", but I really don't care for that name. I think I want to call her "Haiti" in honor of the country our sponsor son, Findley, lives in. She's been in hiding for the most part since we got her home yesterday, but I know it'll take her a few days to get used to her new surroundings. She will, however, come out a bit and let me pet her for a little while. I was able to snap a picture of her while she was curled up in the corner of our guest bedroom. She's got beautiful, long, soft chocolate/butterscotch bi-colored fur, and gorgeous crystal blue eyes. Here's my new fur baby:

No comments: