Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Retrospect

Rylee on her first New Year's Eve
 Well, it is just after 11 o'clock at night (central time) on New Year's Eve. I'm sitting on the couch in our living room with my laptop in my lap, and Jordan has already gone to bed since he has to be at work early in the morning. I just watched the ball drop in Time's Square on TV. Outside, our neighbors are shooting fireworks, and I'm praying they don't wake Rylee up.
It's hard to believe that, in less than an hour, another year will come to a close. Naturally (with it being New Year's Eve), I've been reflecting this past year in my mind throughout the day. It's been quite a year to say the least, filled with many ups and downs, but I think I can honestly say that, overall, it's been the best year of my life thus far. God has truly poured out his blessings on my family and me this year, and I am so thankful and humbled by His love. As 2010 comes to an end, I wanted to be sure to "document" the highlights (as well as some of the "lowlights") of the year for me. Some of them may seem pretty insignificant, but nevertheless, they each had a part in making the year what it was for me. I may end up adding more events to the list if I think of anything else. I pray you all have a blessed 2011!


In 2010, I...

- celebrated my first new year as a married woman.
- got to experience the incredible feeling of a baby moving inside my womb for the first time.
- turned 20 years old (goodbye teenage years!).
- had bangs for the first time in years (and quickly remembered why I don't like them).
- watched my younger brother graduate from high school. 
- weighed more than 115 pounds (during my pregnancy).
- celebrated my one-year wedding anniversary.
- made new friends.
- went to four weddings.
- gave birth and became a mommy.
- almost lost my father-in-law to a heart attack.
- became a preacher's kid.
- became a stay-at-home mommy.
- lost my grandma Parker.
- lost my great-granny Flowers.
- lost my great-aunt Norma.
- moved into a new home.
- became a coupon-clipping Publix grocery shopper.
- tried guacamole for the first time (and didn't really care for it).
- got stung on my toe by a yellow jacket.
- saw Peter Pan: The Musical at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival.

No comments: