Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jordan's 26th Birthday

Today is my sweet husband's 26th birthday. He's getting old, huh? (Just kidding!) He was able to get off of work from both UPS and Home Depot, so I was blessed to get to spend the whole day with him, which is very rare for us. My mom came over and took care of Rylee for us for a few hours so we could go out to lunch and spend a little alone time together. It was so nice to get out and about and just enjoy each other's company. We went to Chili's for lunch because that's one of Jordan's favorite restaurants. The food was delicious, but unfortunately we were rather disappointed with the service we received. Our waitress was very impersonal, and left us waiting for several minutes before checking in with us. On one of the few times we were able to catch her attention, Jordan ended up having to ask her for a refill of his drink, even though he had set his empty glass at the edge of the table. I had also asked her if the restaurant did any special desserts or anything for birthday customers, and she told me they did a little scoop of ice cream or something along those lines. However, after we had paid the bill and she brought our receipt back, she disappeared and never brought a dessert out. We waited for a few minutes, but never saw her or another waitress to ask about it. Finally, we just got up and left. Jordan didn't really care that he didn't get a dessert, but I was pretty disappointed - I sure would have eaten it if he hadn't! I'm not sure what happened today, but it just seemed that the restaurant was very poorly managed - quite the opposite from our experience the last time we were there in late 2009. Like I said, though, at least the food was still good.
Anyway, after lunch, we walked around a few of the stores in the East Chase Shoppes and then headed back home. When we got home, I baked a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and made a pot of chili for dinner. My mom, dad, and sister joined us for dinner, and had cake and ice cream with us afterward to celebrate Jordan's birthday. It was a nice evening spending a little time with family. Happy birthday to my wonderful husband (and to my sister-in-law as well, whom we will celebrate with tomorrow night)!
Below are a few pictures from this evening.

the cake I baked for Jordan's 26th birthday
our little family on Jordan's 26th birthday
my sweet hubby and me on his 26th birthday
Jordan and Rylee
blowing out the candles

No comments: