Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We Are "Sponsor Parents"!

Yesterday I got to mark another thing off my "Bucket List". Jordan and I are now the proud sponsors of Findley, an adorable almost-three-year-old little boy in Haiti. We have talked here and there since we got married about being "sponsor parents" to at least one child some day, but we wanted to make sure we could handle the commitment financially.
Well, I was going through some papers yesterday and found a pamphlet that I brought home recently for the Compassion International program. I decided to check out the website, and once there, I couldn't help but to look at some of the children who were waiting for a sponsor. My dad went on a mission trip to Haiti last August (mentioned in one of my previous blogs), so I decided to do a search for children in Haiti. The results came up, and although all of the children are absolutely precious, when I saw the picture in the top row all the way to the right, I knew I couldn't leave the site without sponsoring him. He stole my heart the second I saw his face. Jordan was at work (as usual), and I wanted to make sure I had his approval/support before continuing with the process. So, although I don't like to bother him while he's at work, I gave him a call. I couldn't wait until he got home to talk to him about it. After getting the "ok" from Jordan, I completed the necessary information and... it's official!
I'm so excited that we took this leap of faith and decided to go ahead and sponsor a child. I know God will use our money in a wonderful way to help support Findley and his family, and I know He will use this experience to teach us many lessons and remind us how blessed we are. I look forward to hopefully sponsoring more children in the future!
If you are interested in sponsoring a child in need, or if you'd simply like more information about the Compassion International program, please check out the website: http://www.compassion.com.

1 comment:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Oh praise the Lord! Sponsoring through Compassion has completely changed our lives! This will be an amazing journey for you! While your little guy is still so young, remember that your letters of encouragement and Family Gifts will go a long way to aid this sweet young man. If you ever need ideas for letter writing, feel free to stop by my blog!