Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, December 10, 2010

Rylee's First Time Meeting Santa

I wanted to post another quick update to share a couple of pictures of Rylee's first encounter with Santa Claus. He is currently making appearances every day at Bass Pro Shop in Prattville, and parents can take their children to get their picture taken with him for free.
I was anxious to see how Rylee would do when she was put in the arms of a big, hairy stranger. She has become quite the "Momma's Girl" since she's home with me every day, so sometimes she gets upset/scared and starts to cry when she's with someone she doesn't recognize. I hoped if we handed her over and got out of the way quick enough, Santa's "elves" could snap a picture before she realized who she was with. I figured if nothing else, though, we would get a funny picture of her screaming her head off in Santa's lap.
We had to wait in line for at least 45 minutes, and I grew even more anxious because it was past Rylee's dinner time. She started sucking/chewing on her hands and Jordan's hands, and although she wasn't fussy, I was sure she was going to lose it the second Jordan gave her to Santa. We finally worked our way up, and when it was our turn, Jordan sat Rylee in Santa's lap, while I stood in front of her next to the "elves" who were taking the pictures. We all shouted "CHEESE!" at her and made silly smiley faces, but inside I felt like I was holding my breath, waiting for her to start screaming. Instead, though, she just sat there looking and smiling at us. She even looked right at Santa, and then looked back at us and smiled some more. I was pleasantly surprised, and very happy that her first experience with Santa was a good one (not that she'll remember it, but still...).
The "elves" gave us the picture they took of Rylee with Santa, but I don't have a scanner to scan it into my laptop. The two pictures below are shots that I took on our own digital camera.


No comments: