Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well, Christmas has come and gone, and now we're only five days away from the new year - 2011! Crazy, huh? I can honestly say that this year has flown by much faster than any other year so far; so much happened in such a seemingly short amount of time. I plan to blog about some of the highlights (as well as some of the low-lights) of my 2010, and my "resolutions" for 2011, but for now, I wanted to write a little bit about our Christmas and share a few pictures as well.
My daddy drove up from Florida on Thursday (Christmas Eve Eve) to spend Rylee's first Christmas with us. On Friday evening, my mom, dad, sister, brother, brother's girlfriend, aunt, and cousin all came over to visit and have Christmas Eve dinner together. It felt so nice to be able to "host" a family event in my own home. I loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, I didn't even think to grab my camera and take any pictures while everyone was here, so sadly, I don't have any to share from that evening.
On Christmas morning, I went about my normal schedule of waking at 6 and getting Rylee up to feed her. When Jordan and my daddy had both woken up as well, we gathered in the living room and "opened" our stockings that we had filled up for each other. My sweet hubby filled my stocking with some yummy candy (Whoppers, Dove chocolates, some gum, etc.), and a couple of Sudoku puzzle books, and he also got me Celine Dion's Christmas CD ("These Are Special Times") and a coupon organizer, so I was really excited about that.
Later Christmas afternoon, we spent some time with some of Jordan's side of the family, first going to his aunt's house, and then going to his dad's house. We had Christmas lunch with Jordan's dad, mom, sister, and two nephews. His dad makes a delicious ham, so Jordan looks forward to the Christmas meal with him every year.
We spent Christmas evening back at our house, eating leftovers and staying warm and cozy inside (it sleeted/snowed off and on the majority of the day; it was neat to have a "white" Christmas, even though none of the snow actually stuck). We had a nice Christmas, and were very blessed to get to spend time together with each other and with our families.
Below are a few pictures that I took of Rylee on Christmas day. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't take any pictures on Christmas Eve, and I didn't get near as many as I would have liked on Christmas day either - I wish I had some pictures of us with our families. I always want to kick myself that I don't get more pictures on special occasions, but oh well...

Rylee, when I woke her up on her first Christmas morning
getting ready to eat breakfast on her first Christmas morning
my happy girl on her first Christmas morning
playing in her first Christmas present on Christmas morning
you can't see all of it, but her shirt says "Mommy's Little Christmas Present"
playing with some toys at PawPaw Price's house

No comments: