Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Night Before

I really want/need to be working on finishing the New Year's post I started yesterday. Instead, I'm ready to go to bed. After all, I'm pretty sure tonight will be my last opportunity for a good night's sleep for a WHILE. By this time tomorrow, I should have my baby boy in my arms. I still don't think it has completely sunk in yet (and it probably won't until he is actually born), but the nerves have definitely started sneaking their way into my stomach the past few hours. This is a BIG deal. Our lives are about to change. AGAIN. It's impossible to wrap my mind around the blessings to come, but I am definitely looking forward to them.
Before I turn in for the night, I wanted to do this post mainly so I could share the two pictures I had Jordan take of Rylee and me tonight. Tonight was our last night together with Rylee as an only child. Tomorrow, she will officially be a big sister. I have to admit it was a little bittersweet for me when Jordan and I were putting her to bed tonight. Things will be different from now on, and I know it will take some time for all of us to adjust, but I am looking forward to it. I am thankful for the 18 months we've had to enjoy with just her, and I'm thankful for all the days to come that we will be able to enjoy with her AND her baby brother (and future sibling(s), if the Lord sees fit to bless again someday).
Here is my precious little girl and me (and my beyond-HUGE, overflowing belly):

Mommy loves you SO MUCH, Rylee, and I cannot wait to see you embrace your new role as "big sister". Get ready! - It's gonna be quite an adventure!

No comments: