Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3 Weeks

Baby Ryan is 3 weeks old today. I am rather sleep-deprived right now, so this probably won't be the best post I've ever written, but I at least wanted to check in really quick to update since it's been a week since my last post.
Overall, I think the baby is doing great. He's a good nurser, and his face is showing it - he already has a double-chin. This morning, I tried to see how much he weighs now by stepping on our bathroom scale by myself first, and then stepping back on while holding him. According to that, he weighs 11.4 pounds. I'll be anxious to see how much he weighs at his one-month check-up with the pediatrician early next month. As I mentioned above, I'm pretty sleep-deprived right now because he's still waking up during the night every 2 to 3 hours to nurse. I'm praying he'll start sleeping through the night very soon, because I am REALLY missing my sleep. Apparently I don't have the most pleasant mood in the world when I haven't gotten much sleep. I don't think it helps, though, that I have a 19-month-old who is already full-swing into her "terrible two's" stage. Rylee has really been giving me a "run for my money", and it has not been easy at all. Every form of discipline I try does not seem to phase her a bit, and I just don't know how to handle her right now. It's very frustrating, because I just want her to behave. And here I go, getting off topic. (Although, while I am on the "topic" of Rylee, I would like to mention that SHE WENT PEE-PEE IN HER BIG-GIRL POTTY TONIGHT! We were so excited and proud of her! Okay... that's all.) Really, though, I can't think of much else to say about Ryan right now. He's still just eating, sleeping, and wetting diapers all day long. As he continues to grow and start doing new things, I'm sure my update posts will be a little more interesting. For now, though, here are a few pictures of him that I snapped today:
asleep in Mommy's lap
asleep in Mommy's lap
asleep in Mommy's lap
kisses from Big Sister
holding Mommy's hand

Until next time...

No comments: