Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Monday, December 19, 2011

37 Weeks

Yesterday began the 37th week of my pregnancy with my precious baby boy. Let me just say that, though I am VERY thankful for EVERY DAY of this pregnancy, I am SO ready for it to be over with now. This pregnancy has definitely been a lot harder physically than my pregnancy with Rylee. Although I have thankfully still been in very good health throughout this pregnancy and have had no actual complications, I am "feeling it" a LOT more than I did the first time. I think back to my pregnancy with Rylee, and it was just about as perfect as a pregnancy could be. I worked part-time (although many days I ended up working several hours over my actual scheduled time) my ENTIRE pregnancy with her... right up until the weekend before I delivered her. Now... I cannot imagine working. I seriously don't know how I could do it. It's all I can do just to keep up with Rylee every day without feeling like I'm about to die. Every time I stand up, the very bottom of my stomach (underneath my big baby belly) HURTS. It literally feels like it is just ripping open. And the insides of both of my upper thighs feel like I pulled muscles in them. I am seriously beginning to resemble a 90-year-old woman when trying to walk. Between the inevitable pregnancy waddling and trying to fight through the pain, it's not a very pretty sight. I get a lot of "Oh, bless her heart!" and "Dear Lord, PLEASE don't have that baby right in front of me!" looks from strangers when I'm at the grocery store. I guess I can't blame them.
Having said all of that, I do want to reiterate that I am SO thankful for this experience. As rough as it has been physically, it has been such an incredible blessing. There is nothing in the world like being able to experience the miracle of life growing inside of me. I have cherished every kick and jab from my little guy, even when they've been a bit uncomfortable. I'm just ready, though. I'm ready to have my body back to myself (for the most part, anyway... it still won't be completely to myself since I'll be nursing). I'm ready to meet the little person who has been living inside of me for almost 9 months now. I'm ready to hopefully have some relief from the physical pains I've been enduring with this pregnancy. I'm just SO ready. But then I think about just how close we are now (I mean, considering the fact that I could go into labor at ANY moment), and I'm not so sure just how ready I really am. I cannot believe I'm about to have ANOTHER baby. I just can't believe it. I'm so excited, but at the same time, I still don't think it'll actually sink in until he's in my arms. Even then, it might not feel real. I'm sure reality won't REALLY hit me until he's home with us, waking me up at 3 in the morning to nurse. Am I ready for that again? How am I going to do this when I'm already so busy with one little one? It's just all so crazy to think about. But I'm looking forward to it. As scared and nervous as I am about it sometimes, I am really looking forward to it too. This pregnancy has been an exciting chapter, but I want to move on to the next chapter now. Ready or not. I want it. And in only 15 more days - at the very most - I will. Insane, right?
Anyway, enough rambling. Today I had another check-up at the doctor. I had to see a different doctor today because my normal doctor is on vacation this week. The appointment went well. My blood pressure was good, as always, thankfully. I weighed in at 135.5 pounds, meaning I've gained a pound and a half since my appointment last week, and a total of 28.5 pounds (yikes!) so far this pregnancy. Hopefully it'll come off fairly easily/quickly after I have him. My "height of fundus" measured a week ahead at 38 centimeters. Ryan's heart rate was 154 beats per minute. All good stuff. The only thing I was slightly bummed about was that I haven't made any more progress in the way of dilation. I'm still only 1 centimeter dilated. When I thought about it, though, I think I'm actually okay with that for now, because, like I said, my doctor is on vacation this week. Although all the doctors in the practice I go to are wonderful, I still feel most comfortable with MY doctor, and I'm praying he will be the one to deliver Ryan when the time comes. So, hopefully he (Ryan) will stay put this week, and maybe by next week, I'll have made a little more progress. We'll see. My next appointment is next Thursday, December 29th. Although I usually go on Mondays, the offices will be closed next Monday since it's the day after Christmas, and Thursday was the earliest my doctor had an opening. So, Thursday it is. If I make it that far, that is. I will also be having another ultrasound that day to see how "fat" Ryan is getting, so I'm looking forward to that (as long as they don't tell me he's 9 pounds!).
Anyway, I guess that's about it for now. I'm sure I could ramble more about how I'm feeling and stuff, but I'll go ahead and wrap it up instead. I will say, quickly though, that we are almost done getting everything around the house prepared for his arrival. I still plan to post "before" and "after" pictures of his bedroom, etc. once everything is done. I'm looking forward to that. Anyway, I'll leave you for now with my belly picture from last night. I had to take it myself, because I totally forgot about it until after Jordan had already gone to bed for the night. Here's how big I am now:
Until next time...

No comments: