Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Bummer" News

Well, today was a pretty good day until about 3:45 this afternoon when we got some really "bummer" news. My mom called, and the closing date of our new home has been postponed. It was supposed to be tomorrow afternoon, and as of right now, we don't have a rescheduled date. Apparently the bank is still waiting on the title of the land that the home is on (or something like that... I'm pretty sure that's what my mom said the issue was). We don't really know any details, but the bottom line is, we're not going to be able to move in this weekend like we've been planning. It's definitely frustrating (especially for my parents, since they're the actual buyers of the home, and are having to deal with all the "dirty work" associated with it), but there's nothing we can do but wait until everything is worked out. Hopefully that won't take more than a few days, and MAYBE we can be moved in by next weekend... but we have no idea. So, like I said, we just have to wait and see what happens when. As upsetting as it is, I know that everything happens in God's timing, so I'm trying to focus on that and just be patient. This is definitely one of those situations that you can look at from two different perspectives: "cup half-empty" or "cup half-full". So I'm going to do my best to look at it optimistically. As some of my friends have told me: at least it'll give us more time to pack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I defiantly feel for you! That happened to us too, twice actually! The second time we found out was going to be postponed we had all of our stuff packed up and were in the process of moving down to Florida! I think we were driving though Kentucky when we got the phone call! Thank God that Robert's grandpa had a vacation home in the Orlando area that we were able to live in and run our business from until they finally decided to close a month later! All in all everything turned out just fine, although it was a little hard to explain to Hope and Faith (they were with to help us move) why we never actually unpacked stuff while they were down here. Anyways... I wish you best of luck and I pray that everything goes smoothly!
-Lovisa