Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I'm Still Here...

Hello, poor, forsaken blog. Yes, I am still alive. Sorry I haven't posted in a little while. Jordan, Rylee, and I went to Florida for a few days to visit with my daddy and aunt, and while there, I only got on the internet a couple of times, and just long enough to check my email and Facebook real quick. We arrived at my daddy's late Friday night (last Friday... not yesterday), and came back home two days ago on Thursday. We had a nice visit. I plan to do a separate post about it in the next couple of days (with a little more detail and pictures). I just don't feel like going through the pictures and stuff right now.
For now, I just wanted to check in before anymore time passes without me posting. I know I'm behind on my pregnancy update post, since I entered my 28th week last Sunday while we were down in Florida. Thankfully, I did remember to have Jordan take a belly picture of me, so I'll just share it in my 29-week pregnancy update entry, which I'll probably wait until Monday to post, since I have a doctor appointment (for my glucose test) that day.
As I mentioned earlier, we got home from our trip to Florida on Thursday afternoon. That evening, after we got Rylee to bed, Jordan and I were able to relax and watch a Netflix movie before we went to bed. The next day, yesterday, we enjoyed hanging around the house with Rylee. Around 2:30, we took her over to my parents' house. My mom offered to watch her for us so we could go on a little date to the movies to see Courageous. We NEVER go to the movies anymore, because it has just gotten so expensive, but we really wanted to support this movie since it has such a great, Godly message behind it. (It's from the same producers of the movies Flywheel, Facing the Giants, and Fireproof.) Thankfully, we were able to take advantage of our local theater's super bargain matinee ticket price, so it only cost us $10. Here's my handsome hubby and me in the theater waiting for the movie to start:
The movie was great. I wish I had taken a box of tissues with me, though, because I cried like a baby on and off through the entire thing. We will definitely be adding it to our family movie collection when it comes out on DVD. When we got out of the movie, we picked up some Marco's pizza and headed back to my parents' house to have dinner with them and pick up Rylee. It was a good day.
Today has been a pretty laid-back day for the most part. Jordan was sweet enough to make eggs and bacon for us for breakfast. At 2 o'clock, I went to a baby shower for my sweet friend, Rachel. I worked with her at Chocodelphia, and we "hit it off" immediately. She and her husband, Ross, are expecting their first child - a girl - in just a few weeks. I am so excited for them, and I can't wait to meet their precious Emma. I know they are going to be fantastic parents. Here are a couple of pictures of me (and my big boy) before I headed to her shower:

And here's a picture of me with the beautiful mommy-to-be:
She's due in just a few weeks (November 11th). I'm not due until January 8th. Is it just me, though, or does it look like it should be the other way around? Lordy, Lordy... I think I've got one BIG boy "cooking" in there! I sure can't wait to meet him, though!
Anyway, that's what we've been up to since we got home from Florida. Not much, but it's been nice. I'm NOT looking forward to Jordan returning to work on Monday. I guess all vacations must come to an end eventually, though. Anyway, like I said, I'll try to post the pictures we took while down in Florida (I think they're all of Rylee, but what else do you expect?) in the next few days. Until then...

No comments: