Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's Been 11 Weeks Already? Seriously?!

Well, my baby girl is 11 weeks old today. Not a major milestone by any means, but nevertheless, it's another week that has flown by a lot faster than my particular liking. It seems like every time I blink my eyes, another week is gone. During my pregnancy, people warned me that time would go by quickly once I had Rylee, but I guess it's one of those things that you don't truly grasp until you're living it yourself. It seems like every day, Rylee is doing something new, so I'm trying to savor every moment I possibly can. She smiles all the time now, which I absolutely LOVE. She's got the sweetest little face, and her smile warms my heart so much. A few weeks ago, she also started cooing, which has been a lot of fun for Jordan and me as well. We love to sit down and have "conversations" with her. We'll say "I love you!", and she'll coo back to us, and it seriously sounds like she's trying to say "I love you!" too. Today, I sang the ABC's to her a few times, and she cooed right along with me. I also tried to get her to say "Mama", and I swear one time she did. Ok, so maybe she didn't quite say "Mama", but it sounded pretty close to me, anyway. I try to keep eye contact with her while I talk to her, and I can see the concentration in her eyes as she watches my mouth and studies how I'm forming my words. It's so exciting to see how she's growing and learning and taking in the world around her. It's like watching a miracle every day. I always knew I would love being a mommy some day, but I never imagined I would love it THIS much. I'm just so humbled and thankful that the Lord chose to bless me with such a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I look at her, and it just blows my mind that she was created by an almighty God through the love shared between my husband and me. That is awesome! God is so good! I am blessed!

"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3


Only 11 weeks old, and it looks like she's already practicing for when she has a cell phone someday... about 16 years or so from now.
"Raise your hand if you're 11 weeks old today!"
Passed out in my lap.
My two favorite people in the world: my baby girl and her daddy, my husband.

No comments: