Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ryan's 4-Month Check-Up

It has been almost a full month since my last post, and that really saddens/bothers me. I miss blogging, and I am SO behind on posting about life lately, but I tell ya... it's REALLY hard to find free time with two little ones to take care of. I only have about a two-hour window during the day when they are both down for a nap at the same time, but then I have a whole house full of things that need to be done, like dishes and laundry and vacuuming... the list just goes on and on. It's a day after day, never-ending cycle, and needless to say, it unfortunately doesn't leave much time for blogging (or reading, which is another passion of mine that I'm trying to pick back up). I realize I probably won't ever get caught up on all of the things I've wanted to post about the past several months, but I figure I've got to try to start somewhere. So, with that said, I wanted to attempt to post an update from Ryan's 4-month check-up at the pediatrician's office on Monday.
I don't even remember how old Ryan was when I last posted an update on him, but I really can't believe he's already 4 months old. He is such a sweet, happy baby. He is always smiling and laughing. He loves to reach for my face and try to pull me to him so he can give me big, wet "kisses". He can roll over from his back to his stomach. He sucks his thumb, just like his big sister. And boy oh boy, is he teething! I don't remember Rylee ever being very fussy while she was teething, and she didn't finally cut her first tooth until she was 10 months old (if I remember correctly), but Ryan has been pretty fussy the past week or so, and his hands are CONSTANTLY in his mouth, so it'll be interesting to see when he cuts his first tooth. Considering the fact that I'm nursing him, I'm in no rush for it to happen.
ANYWAY, on Monday of this week, it was time for me to take Ryan to the doctor for his 4-month check-up. The visit went well, and Dr. Trumbull was very pleased with how he's doing. He now weighs 17 pounds, 8 ounces, putting him in the 90th percentile of weight among other babies his age, and he is 26 3/4 inches long, putting him in the 97th percentile of length among other babies his age. He is a big, healthy baby, and I couldn't be more thankful. (He's currently wearing 6-month sized clothes, but based on his weight and height, it's time to move him up to 9-month clothes! Crazy!) Dr. Trumbull told me we can take Ryan off of his Zantac medicine soon, which I was happy to hear, and he discussed the importance of having him on a schedule, which I've already been working on with him for about two months. He's been sleeping through the night for about a month now (praise the Lord!), and he's doing really well going down for his naps every day. Dr. Trumbull told me to start him on infant cereal in about a month, and a couple weeks after that, we'll start vegetables and fruits. My baby is growing up fast! At the end of the appointment, Ryan had to get three shots and an oral vaccination (which I think is just as hard - if not harder - on me than it is on him), so he was pretty pitiful the rest of the day. Overall, though, he's doing great, and I'm so thankful for such a precious blessing from the Lord. Here are some pictures I snapped of Ryan at the pediatrician's office while we were waiting for the doctor to come in:





No comments: