Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Enchilada Stuffed Shells

I can't believe I'm actually back here already to write another quick post. Two days in a row - go me! I still have several posts I want/need to write soon to update on life lately and share some recipes I've tried recently, but for now, I wanted to go ahead and share the recipe I made for dinner tonight. It's called Enchilada Stuffed Shells. As I've mentioned before, I'm a big fan of all things enchilada, so I was looking forward to trying these. They turned out pretty good... nothing that made me jump out of my seat, but I'm sure I'll probably make them again at some point (especially considering the fact that I still have half a box of uncooked jumbo pasta shells in my pantry). Anyway, here's the recipe:


Enchilada Stuffed Shells

Ingredients:
15 jumbo pasta shells
1lb. ground beef
2 (10oz.) cans mild enchilada sauce
1/4tsp. onion powder
1/4tsp. dried oregano
1/4tsp. dried basil
1/4tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup refried beans
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese

Preparation/Baking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
Stir in onion powder, oregano, basil, and cumin.
Stir in 1 can of enchilada sauce.
Stir in refried beans.
Coat an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and pour half of the remaining can of enchilada sauce evenly over the bottom.
Fill each cooked pasta shell with the beef/refried bean mixture, and place into the bottom of the coated baking dish.
Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tops of the shells.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, uncover, and sprinkle the tops of the shells with Colby Jack cheese.
Put the dish back in the oven, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.

No comments: