Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chicken and Dumpling Bake Casserole

Hello, Blog. I know I'm supposed to be trying to catch up on certain posts like our recent trip to the zoo and Easter this past weekend, but instead, I'm just checking in to share another recipe. Surprise, surprise. I promise I'm not turning this blog into a recipe blog... I just can't help but share this stuff since this has become part of my life (trying to cook more/experiment with new recipes). So anyway, please don't be mad at me... I will try to update on what's been going on with our little family lately very soon, but for now, you'll thank me for sharing this recipe. Trust me. It's called Chicken and Dumpling Bake Casserole. I found it on Pinterest. (Where else?) It's been sitting in my "Recipes I Wanna Try" pin board for several weeks now, and I finally decided to try it for dinner tonight. To be honest, I actually didn't have very high expectations for it. I mean, I like chicken and dumplings, but it's not my favorite meal in the world, and there was nothing to this recipe that really made me think, "Oh yeah... this is gonna be GOOD." Nevertheless, I knew I wanted to try it, and it seemed easy enough to be worth my time. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised when I finally tasted it. It was actually really yummy. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say it's one of my favorite recipes from Pinterest that I've tried so far. Jordan also really liked it, so I'll definitely be making it again. This is one to try, folks. You're welcome.
Here's the recipe:


Chicken and Dumpling Bake Casserole

Ingredients: 
3-4 cups cooked chicken (I didn't actually measure... I just used four nice-sized chicken breasts, cut up.) 
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter 
1 cup self-rising flour 
1 cup milk 
2 cups chicken broth 
1 can cream of chicken soup

Preparation/Baking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Shred chicken, and spread it on top of the butter.
In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and flour, and slowly pour it over the chicken, taking care not to disturb the chicken too much. Do not stir.
Whisk together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup, and slowly pour over the flour and milk mixture. Do not stir.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes until top is light golden brown.

No comments: