Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I've Arrived in the World!

I love the blogging world. There are a few blogs I follow on a daily basis (and by "daily basis", I mean I check them SEVERAL times a day), and it literally brightens my day when I see a new post to read on one of these blogs. These blogs hold the thoughts and daily experiences of some incredible, Godly women who I am blessed to know. Reading their blogs always encourages and uplifts my spirit, usually giving me some good laughs, and always leaving a smile on my face.
One of these blogs (my FAVORITE of all the blogs I follow) is called "Whimsy and Wonder". This blog belongs to a sweet, compassionate, silly, full of life girl named Katrina. Katrina is a friend of my husband Jordan's (they graduated high school together), and therefore, I have had the privilege of getting to know her over the past almost-three years. Because I'm so awesome (just kidding... but really, I am at least a LITTLE bit awesome, right?...), Katrina fell in love with me right away and claimed me as her new best friend (a true honor for me... I'm telling you, you've got to get to know this girl if you don't already). Anyway, we FINALLY had our first real hang-out together at my house on Thursday - a hang-out that was WAY overdue (like I said, we've known each other for almost three years now).
Katrina came over for a few hours on Thursday afternoon to have lunch with us and visit and play with Rylee (which I'm sure was her favorite part of the visit. Can't blame her, though. I mean, Rylee is one cute kid. She must get it from her mother...). We had a nice visit, and the whole time, in the back of my mind, I was wondering if she might blog about it when she got home. Would she? Could she? Was her visit with little ol' me even blog-worthy? As I have told her before, she could blog about watching paint dry, and it would still be one of the best things I've ever read. Seriously.
Anyway, later that evening after she had been gone for a few hours, I checked my Facebook, and there was a comment from Katrina that read as follows: "You've arrived in the world... check the blog. Oooooh yeah, baby!" Could it be?! Did I really make an appearance in THE blog?! I typed in the URL to her blog as quickly as my fingers could fly across the keyboard, and sure enough, when the page loaded, there it was in all its glory: "And the award for big debut in a blog goes to...Rylee!" Oh yes. It was beautiful. Katrina had written a WHOLE blog post all about me (okay, so the title has Rylee's name... but she does write about me in it too)! I attempted to read the post out loud to Jordan, but failed rather miserably as I was laughing too hard (the "p.s." part pretty much had me rolling on the floor). It definitely made my night. Thank you, Katrina! I am honored!
(Yes, I did just blog about being blogged about.)

1 comment:

Whimsy and wonder said...

I love reading your blog about how I wrote about you on my blog. Delightful. :) It is an honor to be your friend, and also to be your favorite blog. I will try to maintain the level of humor and regular updates you have become accustomed to. ;) You are awesome, WAY more than a little bit! :) I definitely claim you as my bff! Rylee was my favorite part of the visit, but you tie with her for first...Jordan was a close second, but shhhh, don't tell him. ;)