Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Friday, February 11, 2011

I Love My Little Sister

Today when I checked the mail, there was an envelope addressed to Jordan and me from my nine-year-old little sister Amanda. (She only lives five minutes away from us, but every now and then, she likes to send us mail.) When I opened the envelope, there were two sheets of notebook paper inside. The first sheet read as follows:

READ FIRST
In school we wrote about someone we admire or look up to. Well, I wrote sort of about a family, and guess what family I picked. It was...

The second sheet read (with a few grammatical/punctuation/spelling adjustments made by me):

My sister is a person I really look up to. I want to be like her when I'm older because she is so lucky to have a husband which is my brother-in-law that does so much for them. He works for UPS and Home Depot. He only gets so much sleep in a day. I know some day I will grow up and be like my sister, and have a good husband. My sister also has a daughter which is my niece that brings so much joy to me! Not only do I make her laugh, but she makes me laugh. My sister teaches me some things too. Some of them my mom has already taught me, and some day when I grow up I will be like my sister and look up to her till the end.

I love my little sister.

1 comment:

Whimsy and wonder said...

That is ridiculously adorable. I had to smile while reading that. To summarize: she wants to be like you because you have a good husband. she wants to be like you because you have a cute baby. she wants to be like you because you teach her some things...some of which is useless because your mom already taught her. hahahahaha, i think what she meant was that you are beautiful, godly, kind, funny, smart, and a woman of strong character. she was just saying it in an adorable way. :) :) :)