Joshua 24:15

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Captain Awesomepants

Well, it's been a few days since my last post, which kinda bums me out in a silly way. I know there's no rule that says I have to blog every day, but I enjoy it, so I've almost felt frustrated that I haven't really had much to write about the past week or so. I guess you could say I've had "blogger's block".
I still don't have any major updates from my everyday life, but I do have some exciting news that I wanted to share real quick, as it is an answer to one of the prayer requests I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. This past Thursday (January 27), Hollis FINALLY got to come home from the hospital, just one day shy of his two-month birthday. Last night, I made dinner for his family and got to meet him for the first time. I cannot adequately express in words how excited I was to finally meet him and, even better, hold him in my arms. I have been praying for him since before he was born, and although he still has a long road ahead of him (including open-heart surgery sometime before the end of May), he has been such a fighter and has come such a long way! I am so thankful to see how God has answered prayers for Hollis and his family.

Below are a few pictures of me with Hollis, aka: Captain Awesomepants (I look rough, but hopefully you won't notice since you'll be so distracted by his adorableness).




No comments: